Monday, January 21, 2008

Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Cucumbers

We had some friends over on Saturday night. (I know, I know - amazing, right? I have friends!)

Anyhow, one of the gentleman in the party was so dreadfully taken with my Chinese food, he demanded that his wife learn to cook the dishes from that evening.

Wow. First off, does he know what Chinese food ought to taste like? (That was put in by my own sweet husband.) Second, SURE! Why not. The dishes I made were all super simple.

Let's start with the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with Cucumbers. Are you ready for this?

Ingredients:
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, split lengthwise, and sliced
1 lb shrimp, cooked, shells off
1/4 cup Sweet and Spicy chili sauce for chicken (available at any Asian market)

Place the sliced cucumbers in a serving dish. Layer the cooked shrimp on top. Top with the sweet and spicy chili sauce. Serve cold.

(You got all that, Eric? Alright. On to the next one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment