Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pink Salad

Can I call this "my" recipe if I couldn't find an exact match in the first 20 google hits on "Pink Salad"? They all had sweetened condensed milk, pecans, pie filling, beets, or potatoes (??). So, here is my traditional, Easter, Pink Salad. I make it every year, I grimace as I buy the ingredients and empty all the packages into my bowl, at least 3 people groan and say "Oh my" when I take the lid off, and yet...we all eat 3 helpings each!

Ingredients:
1 small container Cool Whip
1 large container cottage cheese (1 pound?)
1 package strawberry flavored Jell-O

Mix together in a bowl. Don't try to use sugar free anything, it will taste bitter and separate. If you want to feel a little better about this, mix in a can or two of fruit cocktail or other fruit that you like. For the family gatherings, I normally use 1 large Cool Whip, and two of everything else. It almost fills my largest Tupperware bowl! Make sure you let this rest in the refrigerator for a few hours, so the gelatin and sugar can dissolve and the tastes can meld.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment