Sunday, December 30, 2007

Easy Tasty Cookies

Ok, so I'm far from home. I want to make a treat. I don't have a lot of cash, I need to please a lot of people. What should I make?

Whippersnappers!

My sister found this recipe, and we've been playing with it for the past 10 years. Are you ready for this?

Characters -
One box cake mix (lemon and chocolate are both delicious) (18.25 oz size)
One large egg, beaten
2 cups Cool-Whip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Combine cake mix, beaten egg and Cool-Whip in a large bowl.

The mix can be chilled at this point for easier handling.

When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350, roll the mix into walnut-sized balls, coat in powdered sugar, and place on a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet, two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until set, but not brown.

Cool on a wire rack, and watch them disappear! This makes a lot of cookies - enough for half a dozen women to scarf at a playdate before their husbands even know they are there! (About 3 dozen, if you want to get technical!)

Or you can share. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment