Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tuna salad salad



I was looking for a salad that would appeal to both my tastes and those of my 7 year old. I assumed she wouldn't love tuna with blue cheese.....but I thought she would enjoy the classic combo of canned tuna and sweet relish. I was right! 

If I am only eating salad for lunch, I can eat an entire head of romaine on my own. If your appetite for salad is less robust, or if you are presenting this as a side dish, this can serve a few more people. 

Tuna Salad Salad 
Serves 1-4

Ingredients: 
1 head romaine, chopped, washed, and dried 
1 can tuna, drained
2-3 tbsp sweet pickle relish (or to taste)
2-3 tbsp blue cheese dressing (or to taste) (optional- substitute mayonnaise or any other dressing of your choice)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix well. Top with cashews and crumbled cheese if desires. Serve immediately.