Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Macaroni and Cheese


When I asked my daughter if she wanted macaroni and cheese for lunch, I received an enthusiastic "Yeah! But can we have it with real cheese, and not the cheese from the box?"

Almost made my little food snob heart burst with pride.

So, for Ernie, here's "real cheese" macaroni and cheese that just as quick as from a box.

Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
Salted Water
Noodles
Shredded Cheese

Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, and drain.

Return the noodles to the pot and set over low heat- stir in a splash of the past water, and then grated cheese. For a box of macaroni noodles I used about 1 cup of cheese, but you can do this to taste. As the sauce thickens, add a bit more pasta water at a time until you have a consistency you like.

Serve and enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment